As our last test shots, we saw a clear failure in the way we aimed to do it. This particular shot we have changed the interviewees to 2 people having a casual conversation with the lead to bring up any opinion that they liked. Here is test shot 2:
Camera and sound: Joe
The main context of this particular test shot was a lot more casual and continuous. The main meaning behind what was talked about was how different generations differ their opinions towards childhood. As both I and Davies have sociological opinions on both these matters, we was able to create a very keep conversation that became particularly interesting when watching it back.
What went well:
- Camera shot type- mid shot showing both interviewees therefore you’re able to see emotion and the body language of them
- The dialogue flowed very well- there was disagreements and agreements which would allow the audience to make a judgement on whose they agree with and who they don’t (making it more interesting)
What to improve upon
- Sound- again, the sound is very grainy
- Lighting needs to be more pointed towards both characters
- Location is very plain and as you can see, the board doesn’t look straight within the shots
From this second shot test, we have seen a problem in the way in which we conducted the lighting and camera positions as they aren’t on point and creating the image that I would like to create. As well as again the sound is quite off putting as it is very grainy and the background noise sounds horrible. These are 2 clear learning platforms Joe and I will need to avoid when beginning to film our finals as we will lose a huge amount of marks on our documentary as typically, lighting- camera angles and sound are 3 huge factors of the documentaries.