Here you can see myself and Joe trying to find the perfect filter to use on cutaways to make them look vintage.
Here I have focused on the use of filters and colour matching in order to make the newly filmed cutaways look old by matching a photograph taken of my family as kids (1970s this photo was taken). I did this as I believe that it makes the visuals look more realistic and professional as it matches and isn’t switching from colour to colour.
Personal family images added in:
Final cutaways placed:
Here is all of the cutaways finally placed within the sections we put placeholders in, we used a range of videos and personal photos to break up the documentary so it is not just a ‘talking head’.